Inventory

Question

Posted

Is there a way to access our inventory through SD-Mobile, with no calls pending. Example: looking forward to next day's jobs  and I want to see we have part in stock for possible repair. A tab to check inventory would help us stock part for job fixed first time out.

2 answers to this question

Posted

Not that I'm aware of.  You could always send the office a message and say, please order this if we don't stock it.

Or could you please spec-tag this part number to the job if we have it and if we don't please paste the part number into notes so it handy if I need it.

Posted

There is not a way to access inventory in SD-Mobile outside of being in an actual Job.  I would say it is a best practice to have a means of replacing parts for stock on a regular and timely basis.  That way a tech should not have to worry about running out.

You can now use the FutureSchedule viewer to view future jobs.  So this could allow the tech to Pre-diagnose and make notes about parts needed.  Then from the viewer on a particular job he can send an SD-mail to the office for any needs he has.  Another option is to have techs use SD from the office to do Pre-diagnosis and they can check their inventory there,