Is ServiceLive a Good Client?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

It was two days ago I announced we now have a DispatchLink utility to automate reception of dispatches from this entity.  In response, I received an inquiry from one of our users, curious to know if ServiceLive is a good company to do work for?  Truth is, I do not know the answer.  Regardless, I thought it would be helpful if companies that are doing ServiceLive work would post here, sharing their experience -- and feelings as to whether working for ServiceLive has been a good experience, or otherwise. 

Posted

I have been with Service Live since August 2015 and I for one am content with it. Why? The most important reason. They pay faster than anyone else. Usually 2 business days after completion. The kind of volume they give me no one could survive on their own money for a net 30. The ServiceLive App is pretty cool--makes the techs' lives easier as oppose to running around with a bunch of paperwork. The kind of volume (over 1200 jobs since August) they give can be overwhelming--I was manually typing in every job into ServiceDesk. I am so glad ServiceDesk was smart enough to create an interface between the 2. My route planning has decreased by 60% and it gives me a lot more time to do other things. If you are looking for volume work, I suggest trying out ServiceLive. They also have tech support and the wait times aren't as crazy as these other warranty companies.

Posted

We have done overflow work for Sears for their factory warranty and service contracts for about 2 years now. They switched over to using the ServiceLive platform this spring. We only do jobs assigned to us by Sears. ServiceLive will assign us jobs that are not administered by Sears, but we haven't accepted any yet as they have all been too far distance and too little compensation. No complaints working with ServiceLive and Sears, payments are very quick (typically in our bank account within 2-3 days after completion).

Posted

Good Morning

It has been a couple of months that we are working with Sears running "overflow" calls for them.

It is nice working with them as long as you do not mess up. The billing process is fast and easy if your technicians upload the waiver - signature form and fill in all parts information properly.  Your money is available quite fast.  It will be put into a wallet and you can withdraw that whenever you want.  My technicians have to call their Stac team(techline )from the home to get authorization--- that takes time.

I was very excited to see that Glade introduced this utility link because the biggest pain was logging into Servicelive twice daily to check my dispatches and then having to manually process those calls into Servicedesk that took so much of our time.  

Servicelive does not have a way for you to designate your zones or days.
(we go to different areas different days of the week) customers end up having to be rescheduled because  customers are scheduled to their availabilty not mine.  This is where some customers might get upset with you.  (I asked my Liason to set up my zones on her end but I am still waiting)Overall you do get volume and can keep your guys busy when quiet..Its been working fine for us so far.

Posted

I've been using service live doing work for sears for about a year the new integration to Rossware is great, and sears pays really quick when using the iOS app from my iPhone, and as long as you keep the information flowing they don't bug.

Posted

I agree Sears pays fast if all the paperwork is submitted correctly, I do appliance installation, not a big fan of Sears in general. They can send a large volume of work but their pay schedule is too low. The integration to service desk would be great for anyone using service live

Posted

We have been servicing sears for about a yr now and we love it. They use SL which is their 3rd party clearing house hub they use and its OK. Once you do all the forms they require and upload your good to go. Usually takes about 5 min? Or so. They pay better and faster then anyone, wish everyone played as fast. As far as the zones as we call them your DSM for sears can set them up, we only go in areas at certain times etc. I am also glad that SD found a way to put the calls in the call sheets we were also doing a lot of double entry stuff.

Posted

There is a new Dispatch Link that has been created to download dispatches from Service Live.  Thanks to the wonderful Mr. Stephen.

Posted

For what it's worth, for anyone in the future coming to read:

We have been using ServiceLive strictly as a platform for Sears factory and protection agreement appliance work, so I can only speak to the platform in terms of how it operates. We've had no interaction with anyone other than Sears on it. My opinion of Sears is another post entirely. We have been using it for 2+ years.

The ServiceLive platform itself has numerous useful features, and numerous obnoxious ones. More often than not, we have issues where the website will simply stop functioning and force a log out/log in. This is across all computers/users, not just a specific desk or browser. There's been little, if any, response in regards to this semi-constant interruption from ServiceLive (via Sears, who we have to pass functionality/webmaster requests through).

The jobs management via the website is... passable. There are two primary methods for viewing and managing your service orders. The 'new' service order management pop-up has been popping-up for well over a year now... and the functionality is again passable, but not fantastic. Personally, I find the interface lacking and cluttered, and in need of a redesign.

Fortunately, the search functionality is robust and provides a number of useful/detailed options you can use to locate a specific order. Given any accurate information about the customer, you can usually find their service orders without issue. It is not a live-search of your records, though, so it may irk you being so spoiled on ServiceDesk's instantaneous searching via F12 etc.

ServiceLive does also require you to maintain an individual set of records and background screens for your techs. They do use PlusOne, but if you are already set up with PlusOne (for example for ServiceBench or really any other company who utilizes them), ServiceLive will still do a fresh screening of your techs. It's... a little strange, and my explanation isn't very clear I know, but suffice it to say you can not simply provide your PlusOne ID for your technicians and poof it's done. It's a bit more complicated than that, which is a bit of a drawback. All insurance documents (vehicle, accident, liability, workers comp) must be uploaded manually by you and reviewed by Sears. No calling your agent and having them handle it all.

One of the best features, as mentioned above, is most definitely how quickly payment is processed. It is VERY fast, usually 2 business days or NEXT day. There is still a down-side, though: As far as we've been able to tell, there is no way to include your own reference number (IE a ServiceDesk JobRecord number) to each particular service order/dispatch within ServiceLive. When payment does come through, you have to match ServiceLive's dispatch# to your own ServiceDesk records, meaning a search and correlation to each item on the payment. As mentioned (and this is another ServiceLive benefit, tho again it is largely due to Sears in our case) the volume can be TREMENDOUS. This, in turn, adds a fair amount of time to matching payments to ServiceDesk JobRecord#s to apply.

In general, the platform is serviceable (no pun intended) and functions 'okay'. Payments are quick, if slightly arduous to apply, the volume is decent (though, once more, due to Sears so your mileage may vary). The interface is not terrible but a redesign to make the important/relevant links and pieces of info stand out would not go amiss. Overall, I'd give it a 6.5/10.