How to handle when warranty only covers parts?

Question

Posted

New to the program, but not to computers or software.

I'm creating a Quick Entry item for dispatches I get where the manufacturer is paying for the parts of the repair, but the customer is responsible for a specific dollar amount of labor.

I'd like to know how I can:

1) indicate that only parts are covered by Payer, and the customer has to pay $200 (for example). It will always be $200 labor.

2) Can I somehow get the labor into the ticket, or am I just able to leave a note that the customer has to collect $200 (in the city field, for example, as in the manual).

3) Somehow contain this all in a Quick Entry item. :)

I did my best not to ask for help until I felt I had thoroughly researched the question.

4 answers to this question

Posted

Not a very active forum.

I've answered this question myself.

I created a Quick Entry specific to the third party payer *AND* the type of dispatch, added notes to be added each time job created (neat).

Posted

In the SD Manual on pages 58 - 61 you will find information on the Quick Entry templates and some of the things you can insert into different fields to hold information like Contract Numbers, Purchase Order Numbers, Job IDS and deductibles.  If the 200 Dollars is always charged you could put in "Co-Pay  $200" into the quick entry template as a reminder if it varies you could put in "Co-Pay $"  Then the call taker could put the dollar amount needing to be charged.  But this only handles the reminder that the customer owes for a portion.

The actual sale of the item can be done a couple ways.  Option one you can do two different pay code entries this option works better when you get funds from customer and they are already applied in the Post Visit Report and the claim for the warranty job is not being done at the same time.  This time you will do a sales entry for only the portion being done by the customer as a pay code 1 but you will click the button that says refrain from closing and then follow the prompts.  This creates a pay code 1 entry for the labor but does not close out the job record.  Then another sales journal entry for a pay code 2 will be done for the warranty claim portion.  The second is to do a single sales journal entry showing all the values for parts and labor and choose to record as a pay code 2.  When the A/R creation screen comes up you can choose to split the A/R then assign all the parts to the warranty company hit OK and then for the second half of the A/R apply all the labor.  This will create two A/Rs which you can then apply the appropriate funds to.

I have included some screen shots to help.

RefrianFromClosing.jpg

SplitAR.jpg

Posted

The alt q should be set up for who is paying for the part and the quoted labor should be in problem discription.    Needs new .... Quoted $200. 

Posted

The alt q should be set up for who is paying for the part and the quoted labor should be in problem discription.    Needs new .... Quoted $200. 

​Micky,

Are you referring to have a QET setup for Parts and a separate QET set up for Warranty Company?  If not can you explain more about what you are asking about or stating?