Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Single funds receipt applied to multiple open jobs

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Currently (to my knowledge) a tech can only receive funds on one job at a time. He cannot, for example, run a card for $300 and then apply that card to 3 different jobs in SD-M, split as desired.

There are some common workarounds, including adding an invoice # as a part with a cost to the current job they're working on and then making note on the other jobs that such has been done. Unfortunately, that makes the accounting at the office a bit convoluted, and it's a better practice to have the funds individually applied.

Funds could also simply NOT be received by the technician as part of a PVR, brought to the office, and then the office either closes via interim of full sales journal entry, applying the funds after. However this means the tech now has cash, checks, or credit card numbers in-hand but not recorded, with no way for the funds-received check-off system to do it's job, or to even verify funds were received if the tech loses something before it makes it to the office.

I'm sure this wouldn't be a 'simple' addition, but I think it's a frequent-enough problem to consider!

Posted

Currently (to my knowledge) a tech can only receive funds on one job at a time. He cannot, for example, run a card for $300 and then apply that card to 3 different jobs in SD-M, split as desired.

There are some common workarounds, including adding an invoice # as a part with a cost to the current job they're working on and then making note on the other jobs that such has been done. Unfortunately, that makes the accounting at the office a bit convoluted, and it's a better practice to have the funds individually applied.

Funds could also simply NOT be received by the technician as part of a PVR, brought to the office, and then the office either closes via interim of full sales journal entry, applying the funds after. However this means the tech now has cash, checks, or credit card numbers in-hand but not recorded, with no way for the funds-received check-off system to do it's job, or to even verify funds were received if the tech loses something before it makes it to the office.

I'm sure this wouldn't be a 'simple' addition, but I think it's a frequent-enough problem to consider!

​We run into this a lot also.  We have our technicians receive payment on one of the invoices with a note and then the office splits the payment to the proper invoices.  

Posted (edited)

​One Method to do this is to total the amount for each ticket.  Then run the amount on the final ticket for that amount.  In SD you can then go to the Ctrl+F9 screen and use the option to divert Payment from the one Job Record to each of the additional Jobs.  This should be done before you try to Record to sales journal and will make a history notation regarding the transfer of funds.

DivertPaymentSelection.png

We are aware of the desire for multiple Tickets to be able to be open at once and closed together.  But this has not yet been added.  So we try to use existing methods to give us a work around.  I hope this helps.

Edited by KentonMattos

Posted

Laying the knowledge on me.

A feature I am sure I somehow missed in the work diary that will, inevitably, change my working life. I face a common issue that this solves directly!

Thanks Kenton!

Posted

We still hope to be working on how SDM handles multiple tickets in the future including Funds and tickets being able to be created as a single entity from multiple Jobs in SDM.  The future is out there sometimes we just have to find the path to it.