"disallow next job access" specific to technician

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I have one tech who continuously disobeys the rules and doesn't fill out his PVR's when the job is complete and wants to wait until the end of the day to do it - and then forgets or gets lazy and doesn't do it at the end of the day.  This has been going on for months and I cannot seem to impress it upon him that this won't work!!!

I cannot punish my other techs who ARE doing the right thing by using the "disallow next job access until prior PVR is completed" on SD-Mobile link - so, IS IT POSSIBLE to make this radio button specific to each tech in the "Service Desk Settings - Details for Tech" section, instead of in the overall SDM settings?

Posted

I would second this functionality on literally the exact same grounds.

Punishing all my techs is no good, but it's a great functionality to have on a one-by-one basis.

Exactly where I'd put it too.

Posted

I think this is a good idea, we have a lot on our plate- but I'll put this on the internal possible feature list. This would require a bit of reworking some of our existing tech, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Posted

Have we made any progress on this request?

Posted

There are many changes like this that may be easier to accomplish once we have switched to a new data structure in SD.  There are plans to do this but it will be some time from now before it gets completed.

Posted

We need this now.  4 of my 16 techs cannot report in a timely manner.  I cannot use the "disallow next job access" feature because we also do in shop repairs, and the shop technicians are not required to work on jobs in any particular order.  If anyone has any suggestions to enforce reporting by techs as they go in the meantime I would appreciate it.